Current Live Adventure

Welcome to our FSNatureLIVE distance learning adventures! The USDA Forest Service, Prince William Network and partners bring nature learning to you through our series of webcasts, webinars, and online education resources. No matter where you are in the world, visit our LIVE programs for exciting, on-site learning about bats, butterflies, climate change, wetlands, and more!

Register, tune in, and experience our latest LIVE programs or access our past adventures and join the nature action!
-- Live adventures take you to exciting places where you meet experts and educators.
-- Previous adventures allow you to access full programs, searchable video segments and classroom resources anytime.
--  Education Resources aligned to the standard provide lesson plans and educator resources that can be integrated into your classroom and beyond.

Check back soon when FSNatureLIVE is launched with videos and resources.

What's New

FreshWaterLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure

DETAILS COMING SOON . . . 

FreshWaterLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure will bring an appreciation and understanding of fresh water to classrooms in grades 4 to 8 through a FREE webcast, webinars, and online resources. The project will be conducted during the 2014-15 school year and available on the Internet after that date.

Few of us think about the value of water when we turn on the faucet. But everything we do requires water – freshwater. Our bodies, food and energy production, plants, animals and the entire web of life all depend on reliable freshwater.   Approximately 97% of the water found on Earth is saltwater leaving only 3% of Earth’s water as freshwater making it a highly valuable but underappreciated resource.

 

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you'll find time over the holidays to experience nature. Take a hike on a nature trail, bike on a paved pathway, cross-country ski across a snow covered field, or enjoy a drive along a scenic road. The...
about 10 hours ago
Have questions about climate change? From now through Friday, Nov. 21st, you can directly ask the President's Science Advisor, Dr. John Holdren, Director of the White House Office of science and Technology Policy Dr. Holdren would like to answer...
about 6 days ago
Name: Hanna Grade: 5TH State: NSW Australia Question: If polar caps and glaciers continue to melt and sea levels rise up to the predicted 60 meters,affect would the thousands of billions of tons of water have on the rotation of the earth , centrigual...
about 6 days ago
Got a climate change question? Send Qs to Dr. Holdren, President's Science Advisor & Dir. OSTP #AskDrH thru 11/22 #teachers #STEM #edchat
about a week ago
RT @usgcrp: .@NOAA Lake Level Viewer can help #GreatLakes communities plan for coastal changes: http://t.co/mghZxE9nHu http://t.co/tLBUKbiO…
about a week ago
RT @NOAANCDC: Oct 2014 sea surface temp 1.12°F above avg & record warm #StateOfClimate http://t.co/HAnA9pVKAd http://t.co/RE7W5AclrX
about a week ago
RT @EPA: Find out where you can drop off your used electronic gadgets for recycling today! http://t.co/sKViHuVLJ9
about a week ago