Prince William Network, the USDA Forest Service and partners are bringing nature learning to schools across the United States and internationally through our series of webcasts, webinars, and on-line education resources. For over 10 years our distance learning adventures have focused on exciting topics such as bats, wetlands, climate change and much more.
What is a distance learning adventure?
A distance learning adventure – or live electronic field trip – brings the excitement of discovery right to your classroom. You don’t need to load up the buses, worry about the weather, or collect money. These electronic field trips have enabled classrooms to go to remote locations and ask questions of the experts – just like an on-site field trip. The programs and resources on the project web sites were prepared to help teachers meet national science education standards.
Many partners have contributed to the success of these projects. Click below for a list of sponsors:
- ClimateChangeLIVE: http://climatechangelive.org/index.php?pid=164
- BatsLIVE: http://batslive.pwnet.org/sponsors.php
- PollinatorLIVE: http://pollinatorlive.pwnet.org/credits.php
- MonarchLIVE: http://monarch.pwnet.org/sponsors.php
- Migration Science and Mystery: http://migration.pwnet.org/sponsor.php
- America’s Rain Forests: http://rainforests.pwnet.org/sponsors.php
- A Shorebird’s Journey: http://shorebirds.pwnet.org/broadcast/friends_sponsors.htm